Countdown to Your Best Body August 11 2015
“You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.” – Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame Major League Baseball Player
Our company, Flyte Fitness, is an exercise equipment company. I am very proud of the Core Flyte stability trainers that we offer, as well as our classes, workout programs, and exercise videos. Working out – whether at home, at the gym, or on the road – is critical to living a healthy life. I write often about the benefits of exercise. Nutrition deserves equal, if not more, attention. Fortunately, a good friend and colleague of mine, Sohailla Digsby, offered to share her wisdom with us for this week’s blog.
Sohailla is a registered dietitian, certified group fitness instructor, author, and public speaker. She also is the owner and operator of Best Body Nutrition and Fitness. Her Best Body Countdown program is well-respected within the health community as a way to transition people into a healthier lifestyle with simple, incremental, and effective steps.
In the above video, Sohailla speaks about her philosophy on nutrition and exercise. I encourage you all to watch it.
Here are her “Countdown 5-4-3-2-1” steps that she gives her clients for making changes one at a time to improve their bodies:
5. Limit sugar to 5 grams of added sugar per day, gradually increasing to the American Heart Association’s maximum.
4. Drink 4 water bottle equivalents, two cups per bottle, each day. This should be pure water and does not include drinks such as coffee or diet soda.
3. Eat 3 balanced meals every day. Keeping our bodies fueled is very important. We make better eating decisions when we are not extremely hungry.
2. Consume 2 servings of veggies at two of the day’s meals. Make sure these are non-starchy vegetables. Potatoes don’t count!
1. Do 1 hour of moving each day. 30 minutes of vigorous activity and 30 minutes of deliberate movement that gets the blood pumping a bit.
Following these basic steps is a great way for all of us to improve our health, increase energy, and recover better from workouts. Sohailla’s clients have seen tremendous results by following these steps, with her program’s tools and her support.
Registration for Sohailla’s next Best Body Countdown program begins on August 12th. So, if you like what you hear and would like to learn more, either for yourself or for your clients, visit her site here.
We'd love to hear from you. What do you think about Sohailla’s message on nutrition? Comment below or on our Facebook page at facebook.com/flytefitness, or tweet us at @flytefitness.
Be Flyte Fit,
Co-Founder & CEO
P.S. DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR FITNESS UPDATES! CLICK THE BOX AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE!